Google for more . . .


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mirror of Self Reflection – An Amusing Disclosure


Maturity or old age bears down on us all gradually. Age shreds away our youth unnoticed till one day we gaze into the mirror and that once vigorous body does not appear to equal the twinkle in the eyes anymore. We then start on looking over our shoulders and wonder what would have happened or what if I had taken a different course?

The thought that we have only one life to live at a limited time is tantamount to saying that Santa Claus is a fraud. We basically want to believe in forever just like we wanted to believe in happily ever after as pure and innocent children. Somehow we hang our socks hoping that someone as good as Santa would fill it with gifts.

I am not saying that you better quit that self-consuming job and go trekking in Africa or spend all your bucks in Monte Carlo. That is not what I wanted to draw attention to. Living is an art in itself. It is not just about time management. It is not simply getting the most in everything or survival of the fittest. It is about faith, passion, depth, vision, mission, love, sacrifice and much more.

I wish I could remember the taste of a meal long after I have eaten it, I wish I could see my partners face long after they have left, I wish I could feel my friends hug as she embraced me long after she had let go, I wish I could picture the one time my Mother said I love you long after she is gone, I wish I was so in tune with life, so aware, so enlightened that every moment was my greatest and I could feel it, taste it, and truly live it.

Let’s not wait until someone tells us there is no more time left. Don’t you feel cheated when a Higher Authority takes those precious moments away. We should be grateful to Him who gave us such moments to begin with or live life anew.

As our youth slowly skids down our palms we should be able to look at the mirror and see the joy of a life lived with profundity and passion sketched on our person. We should be able to feel the touch of our lovers’ hands as they brushed away our tears not just remember it. But unless we are truly in control of ourselves to let go of those expectations and selfish attachments, we can only have some vague memories. We’ll desire for more and yearn for a strong imprint that we can carry and fell with us when the brilliance of our moments shall slowly fade away.

So look in the mirror of self reflection long before youth shall fade away. Life doesn't have to be filled up with things rather it needs to be soaked up for all it has to offer at this very moment. When we begin to experience that state of total being, when everything falls away and time stands still and you can taste the air you breathe, feel the earth pulsate beneath your feet and hear the whisper of the Angels, then eternity will no longer be an issue. Life is best served and the mirror will reflect the youthfulness of maturity.

Sites for Reflection:

Naked Pinay Views, Friendly Remarks , Money Talks , Marc Nand's Blog , Nodding Nanding's Journal, Amusing Disclosure , Cyber Tweaks , PC Operatis , Bytamin I , Cool Gizmodgets , Online Shopster
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: